Do You Know These Crucial Blog Post Ingredients?
If you’re not focused on content marketing in 2014, then you’re clueless!
Content marketing, along with blogging and creating blog posts ,is probably the most important marketing tactic available today
You can run ads – and people might find your website.
But NOTHING compares to creating awesome blog content that offers real value to readers.
Are you clueless to these 11 key ingredients, from Copyblogger, that every successful blog post must have?
1. Craft an irresistible headline
- The headline is the most important part of your post.
- No one will read the article if it has a bad headline — even if the content rocks
- You have to capture people’s attention before they’ll read your post.
2. Open with a BANG
- You can have the perfect headline — one that entices people to click it & visit your blog.
- But if you don’t capture the reader’s attention in the first couple sentences of the the post, they’ll just bounce.
- Here are 5 ways to open with a BANG:
- Ask a question
- Share an anecdote or quote
- Invoke the mind’s eye
- Use an analogy or metaphor
- Cite a shocking statistic
3. Use persuasive words
Use these in your posts!
- And definitely in your headlines!
- Your goal as a writer is to get people to take action, so you must master the art of persuasion in your blog posts.
4. Write damn good sentences
Here are 5 ways to write a damn good sentence:
- Insert facts
- Create images
- Evoke emotion
- Make promises
- Practice, practice, practice
Master the art of writing good sentences & you’ll become a popular blogger.
5. Insert killer bullet points
- Lists of bullet points help break up the monotony of the format & guide the readers’ eye.
- The result is a more readable & scannable article.
- For more on bullet points, click here to read yet another awesome post from Copyblogger
6. Create exquisite subheads
- Large blocks of text may be ok for your diary, but they’re not ok for blog posts.
- Subheads are the “mini-headlines” throughout your post that organize your post & tell readers what to expect next.
- Here are 3 techniques for writing subheads:
- Express a clear & complete benefit
- Use parallelism that advocates action
- Try writing your subheads first
7. Tell a seductive story
- Remember, every marketing story need this 5 piece formula that will help you produce an awesome blog posts:
8. Keep attention with internal cliffhangers
- Cliffhangers are statements in your blog post that entice people to read on.
- Copyblogger said to use these devices to keep your audience reading:
- Curiosity: It’s what killed the cat
- Challenges: Make a bold claim at the end of a paragraph that strikes people as audacious — then they’ll stick around to see if you can pull it off.
- Humor: When the jokes inside your knee-slapping posts are killing your readers, they’ll want more.
- Amazement: Set up the most ridiculous scenario you can & your readers will wonder: “Is he about to do what he suggests?”
- Doubt: Challenge a conventional belief or an opinion of a respected leader & say “I’ll show you why he/this is wrong.”
- A turn of phrase: We get hooked to writers who can conjure up an attractive metaphor, concoct an alluring idiom.
9. Choose an arresting image
- Strong images are critical because they help hold the interest of the reader.
- Use beautiful images to break up the monotony of black & white copy.
- Use a lead image on your blog post that will get noticed when the post is shared on Facebook, Google+ & LinkedIn.
10. Close in style
- Our goal as bloggers is to take readers on a journey from one point to another.
- So how you end your blog post is as important as how you start it.
- What do you want people to do after they read your post?
- Keep this in mind when you begin writing.
- Do you want them to:
- share the post
- buy your product
- use your tips
- Here are 5 ways to end a blog post:
- Summary of article
- Post Script — P.S.
11. Be authentic
- Make sure your posts feel like a conversation.
- Write in your own voice
- Be real
- Be genuine
- Be you
Here are the 11 essential ingredients from Copyblogger’s infographic….click here to see them.
Focus on creating great content
Regardless of your niche, if you focus on creating great content you too can be considered an expert blogger by your peers.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…..Thank you!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,